|Prescription for Plotting|
* You're doing well in contests, but you just can't sell that manuscript.|
* Your critique group loves your writing but says your scenes are episodic.
* You've been told your story "lacks focus."
* Editors like your premise and your writing but say your conflict is weak.
*Publishers love your proposals and ask for the complete manuscripts, but they always end up rejecting them.
PRESCRIPTION FOR PLOTTING is for you!
|WHAT YOU GET...|
Here's what's included in the PRESCRIPTION FOR PLOTTING notebook:|
** Three-ring binder, spiral notebook, pocket folder, and a zipper pouch stuffed with plotting essentials.
** Information on:
1) The value of planning versus flying into the mist.
2) How to set up and use a plotting notebook so it's your tool, not your master.
** 75 pages of worksheets, forms, and instructional text covering:
1) The brainstorming process.
2) Worksheets that will help you bypass the unimportant side-issues of characterization, conflict, and plotting and thereby cut straight to the chase.
a. How to build three-dimensional characters in three easy steps.
b. Why conflict, along with poor motivation, is one of the major reasons for rejection among both published and unpublished writers.
c. Structure...what goes where?
d. Carolyn's mucho easy "Synopsis Skeleton" to guide you in writing your synopsis.
e. How the use of scene cards can help you break through writer's block.
ABOUT THE PLOT DOCTOR...
Carolyn Greene has published five romance novels with Harlequin and Silhouette, writing both by the seat of her pants and by structured outline. She finds the first approach is more exciting, but outlining has spared her much trial-and-error agony.
When she's between books, Carolyn presents information-packed workshops on plotting, story structure, characterization, and conflict.
Writing as Carolyn Greene
HEAVENLY HUSBAND / Harlequin Romance, Aug '98
THE WEDDING DECEPTION / Harlequin Love & Laughter, May '97
Writing as Carolyn Monroe
HELP WANTED: DADDY / Silhouette Romance
A LOVIN' SPOONFUL / Silhouette Romance
KISS OF BLISS / Silhouette Romance
RITA Finalis (twice)
HOLT Medallion Finalist
Waldenbooks Bestseller List
Romantic Times WISH Award
|HOW TO ORDER...|
To order the PRESCRIPTION FOR PLOTTING notebook at the introductory price, send check or money order for $25 + $5 shipping to:|
The Plot Doctor
PO Box 412
Powhattan, VA 23139
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
"It really digs to the core of plotting." Diana Cosby
"Well thought out! Carolyn Greene's workshop is excellent and her handouts invaluable in helping find the core of a character." Constance Hall
"Carolyn's plotting methods and forms help take the guesswork out of plotting." Day Leclaire
"This system works! I've sold all the books Carolyn helped me plot." Loree Lough
|This page has been visited times.|